Friday, April 12, 2013

 

Cherry blossoms from this morning at the Tidal Basin, Washington DC. Here is my story and I'm sticking to it. I got up at 4:00 the last two days and headed down to the Tidal Basin. Getting there it was obviously dark, quite dark. What do you do? I didn't bring any flash units, no flashlights to light paint, I used what was available to me. Over by the paddle boats they had two BIG generator powered flood light towers for the consession stands. What is next to the lights? Cherry blossoms. This is a single shot, NON hdr single processed photo. I will post another one. Lesson learned: use what is available to you.

 

 

 

Here is my second 'use what you have available' photo. I posted a landscape version last night. Again, got up at 4:00 and trudged into DC. Again, no flash units with me and it was very dark. In one regular location the TV crews like to hang out for the morning news. They have money and equipment - much more than I have. They have one of the brightest and smallest spot lights, it was generator powered. Every 15 minutes or so he would move the flood light and take more vidio. He lined up the Jefferson, these trees and his camera & flood light. I got in the middle and shot the Washington Monument with the trees he had lit up.

No comments: